Tuesday, January 18, 2011

M42 Lenses? Shhhh... Don't Tell Anybody

As I mentioned last week, I'm not writing as much original content as I would like for CharlieJ's Blog/o/Foto. So, I decided to conjure up a post about something I just discovered... a secret in the ranks of digital photographers... the M42 lens.

And just when I googled some resources for my article, I ran across "the wheel" article on EpicEdits.com... and it didn't need to be reinvented again. So, here is another link for your review, amusement and learning enjoyment: Don’t Forget About Those Old M42 Lenses For Your Modern dSLR…

BTW, I already own two M42 lenses - and LOVE them! The first is a 50mm f/1.8 prime. The second is a fine piece of metal & glass, a 135mm f/2.8. And I don't mind tellin' ya, I paid ~$30 for the 50mm prime and ~$60 for the 135mm. Using the APS-C sensor "magnification" conversion (mm x 1.6), I have an ~80mm and an ~200mm prime lens for less than $100.00 total. That's AWESOME!

No comments: