Thursday, January 20, 2011

Every Day is the Day to Shoot Photos!

Don't ever let anyone tell you there's nothing to shoot photos of. It doesn't matter where you are or what time of year it is, there are always things to capture with the little digital sensor in your camera.
Not too long ago, I was in a funk... yeah, I said a funk. I wanted to shoot pictures, but the weather was dreary. Then, it turned cold. UGH!
After trying to wait the weather out, I felt like I was loosing... so, I decided to just get out and go shoot something anyway... even if the photos turned out to be horrid. I was going to practice composition and look for ways to practice natural lighting. In the midst of a concrete & steel downtown (that is boring and not at all well-lit), I happened upon a little insect -- a cool little grasshopper.
This little fella was hanging onto the glass entrance door of an abandoned downtown store. The reflected light was perfect to capture him and a double reflection on the glass door. WOW! This shot made my day, too.

For those folks who like EXIF data...
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT 350D
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm
ISO Speed: 100


Leave a comment and let me know YOU think!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love it! :) This is one of my favorite photos of your's!